4-H Public Presentations- March 8, 2014. For more info call Dena at 845-278-6738
Interested in becoming a Master Gardener of Putnam County? Classes starting in September 2014. For information click here or call Dan at 845-278-6738
Community Basketball Shootout - is an opportunity to raise money for your organization, agency, sport's team, church, other non-profit group or community project. 80% of all funds raised are directed to your charity with the remaining 20% being designated by the Rotary and Interact Clubs for additional charitable giving. March 15, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at Carmel High School Gym.
2014 Cornell Landscape Webinar Series: The Root Connection & Beneficial Insects in Managed Landscapes -This webinar topic is: The Root Connection: How the Root Environment Impacts Landscape Success & Landscape with Nature: Planting with beneficial insects in Mind and Integrated Approach. Wednesday, March 19, 4:45 to 7:15 pm at Cornell Cooperative Extension, Brewster. For more info call Jen Stengle at 845-278-6738 or firstname.lastname@example.org
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certification Training- March 20, 26 and April 2,10, 2014, 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm at Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County, Millbrook. For more info call Jen Stengle at 845-278-6738 or email@example.com
Tree & Shrub Seedling Sale - Putnam County Soil and Water Conservation District will be holding their 2014 Tree & Shrub Sale on April 25 & 26, orders must be received by March 26, 2014. For more information call 845-878-7918
4-H Junior Vet Series - this 6 week workshop will introduce children ages 9-14, to a career in Vet Science. Registration fee: 100 non 4-H members, $70 for 4-H members. First class Monday, March 31, 6:45 pm to 7:45 pm at South Putnam Animal Hospital, Mahopac
Gardening Classes with the Master Gardeners and CCE Educators at the Mahopac Library - Getting Started with Your Garden, March 31, Creating a Colorful Landscape on April 7, and The Edible Landscape on April 21, all start at 7 pm. Free. Register at mahopaclibrary.org
It's a Match! Diversity DNA: Understanding, Managing and Leveraging Diversity in Individuals and Organizations- This half-day workshop will explore the role of technology and individual communication styles in creating connectivity and engagement during work, school and leisure time. June 4, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at Mahopac Library. $30 pp. Register at www.uwwp.org/management-center.shtml or 914-997-6700 ext 740
4-H Fishing Clinic - Free to the first 150 Putnam County Youth ages 8-14. Free Rod, Reel, Tackle Kit, Fishing Directory & Hat! FREE! June 7, 2014, 10:00 am to 1:30 pm, at Putnam County Veterans Memorial Park, Carmel. For more info call Dena at 845-278-6738; To register: https://reg.cce.cornell.edu/4-H_Fishing_Clinic_2014_Putnam_237 co sponsored by Cornell Cooperative Extension's 4-H Youth Development program & the Oasis Sportsmen's club with support from the Jack Stewart Jr. Memorial Fund
Storm Recovery & Info Page
The Stink Bugs are Here! Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs invade homes in large numbers, and have the ability to release a noxious scent when disturbed, making clean-up a stinky task. Click here for more information
Check out our growing blog that helps you grow vegetables, directs you to health, nutrition & gardening information, and is a part of the growing Garden-to-Table movement across America: http://blogs.cornell.edu/putnamgardentotable
Master Gardeners participate in statewide ecological vegetable gardening trials: http://blogs.cornell.edu/garden/2012-vegetable-variety-trial/
2010 NYS Law Restricts Use of Phosphorus-Containing Lawn Fertilizers
Information on the Phospherous Law from Department of Environmental Conservation
Refund policy for programs.
Cornell University Cooperative Extension provides equal program and employment opportunities. Please contact our office if you have any special needs.
Updated: March 7, 2014