Are food bills driving you crazy?
ESNY can help!
Eat Smart New York! Nutrition Education Program
Its Fun, Its Free, Its Food...
Its Eat Smart New York (ESNY)
Its For You
Eat Smart New York! Can Help
- Free and confidential services meet the unique needs of limited income individuals.
- Participants are empowered to make informed decisions
- Healthy diet and lifestyles are encouraged
- Financial resources can be reviewed
- Hands-on activities enhance learning
- Frequent visits and follow-ups promote behavioral changes
Participants Learn to:
- Spend Less on groceries
- Control your household budget
- Eat better and feel better
-Plan and cook easy, healthy meals
-Save money on food and other household expenses
-Prepare healthy meals
-Practice food safety
-Plan thrifty menus
-Stretch food dollars
-Read food labels
-Budget household finances
-Plan nutritious meals for pregrant moms, infants, and children
-Meet the nutritional needs of seniors
-Control weight for optimal health
-Excercise safely at any age
- Prepare healthy meals in a flash
-Serve healthy snacks for kids
-Cook for one or two
-Cook from scratch
-Use leftovers creatively
-Store and prepare food safely
-Grow a vegetable garden
-Preserve food by canning or freezing
You can prepare
and eat delicious foods as part of your lessons!
We also have information of budgeting, home upkeep, and parenting skills.
Nutrition Teaching Assistants:
For more information or to arrange a free visit with a friendly NTA in your home or in a small group contact:
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Lewis County